Volley, Aimed Shot & Charges Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Volley, Aimed Shot & Charges Questions

Post by SammySpaceman on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi,

I've played Fallen multiple times with a variety of people, and everyone single person has loved the game. The Kickstarter version definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm eagerly anticipating the expansions and multi-player version. A few questions did creep up, during gameplay.

1)Volley is capable of dealing damage to non-active creatures, correct? For instance, the hero would roll a red die four separate times, if none of the dungeon lord's creatures have been killed. For each single sword rolled against a creature, that creature would suffer a wound.

2)If Aimed Shot is used and the hero wins the challenge, is the hero allowed to divide the four wounds dealt to whichever creature/s he decides?

3)If I have three charges and roll a charge icon on one of the dice, can I immediately use my ultimate and, then, gain the charge?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!

SammySpaceman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Volley, Aimed Shot & Charges Questions

Post by Garreth on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Not sure about the first two, but you have to use your ultimate before you can use the recharge on the die.
If you have three and you roll a recharge, it's wasted.
It's a bit of a gamble. Smile

Garreth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WTG - Tom Green on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi Sammy,

1) Yes Volley applies to every Creature. The card reads "...for each Creature in play." So it's not specific to the active Creature. You just go down the line of the the Dungeon Lord's 4 Creatures and roll a red die to see if they are wounded.

2) Aimed Shot says to deal wounds. There is no no mention on this card of other Creatures like Volley. When you deal wounds, the wounds are applied to the active Creature. Checkout page 20 of the rulebook:

Killing a Creature
When the Hero deals a Wound, a Wound token is
placed on top of the active Creature.

3) Symbols rolled on dice must be applied immediately when they are rolled. So you cannot use your ultimate to then later apply the charges. There's a sidebar on page 14 that may be of use:

Dice Symbols
Any time a player rolls a Charge or Wound symbol on
the challenge dice, that player immediately gains the
benefit of that symbol. The symbols cannot be saved
for later.

Glad you guys loved the game. Hope these answers help,

Tom

WTG - Tom Green
Admin

View user profile http://fallenthegame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down