Fallen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallen Information - Sleeving

5 posters

Go down

Fallen Information - Sleeving Empty Fallen Information - Sleeving

Post by WTG-Dropp Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Hello everyone,

There has been some talk about the sleeving of card components for Fallen in the past few weeks. In the older forum postings, this knowledge may have descended into forum darkness. Well, here it is again...

-=- Fallen, Core Game Card Components -=-

Critical Cards (63mm x 44.5mm)

Standard Cards (63mm x 88mm)

Story Cards (184mm x 122mm)

We hope this is of help!

*Character Cards (127mm x 88mm)   - A small note on these cards, they are in fact 2mm chipboard (like a dungeon tile) and were not intended to be sleeved. Some have asked nonetheless, so there you go.

WTG-Dropp

Back to top Go down

Fallen Information - Sleeving Empty Re: Fallen Information - Sleeving

Post by Unclechawie Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks for putting this information in the new forums as well as providing the infomration on the size of the Character Cards, especially on the thickness. That makes sleeves almost undoubtedly not feasible. Thanks again for the hard work.

Unclechawie

Back to top Go down

Post by Unclechawie Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:48 am

OK, so here are some options for the card sleeves, since the info was on the old forums.

Standard Cards - 63 X 89
Many standard size sleeves are for cards that are 63.5 X 88. These sleeves should fit however, the premium sleeves may be slightly short. I had purchased the Mayday Games Premium Standard sleeves just to find out that the card slightly sticks out of the top by just a hair. The regular version of Mayday Games Standard sleeves fits perfect, however. If you are going with premium sleeves SwanPanAsiaSleeves.com has their Magic sleeves in 64 X 89 that should fit well.

Critical Cards - 44.5 X 63*
Mayday Game Mini Euro Card Sleeve 45 X 68 - Premium Sleeves Also Available

* - This size will be about 1/4" too long on the open side so may need some trimming.  We'll see when the game arrives.

Story Cards - 122 X 184*
Bags Unlimited First Day Cover Sleeve - Canadian 124 X 200

* - These are expensive, however it's the only company I've found that carries First Day Cover sleeves sized for the Canadian First Day Covers. European First Day Cover sleeves are available here: BCW Supplies, for much less but the size isn't nearly as close. Canadian sized sleeves are 4.875" X 7.875"and European sized sleeves are 5.125" X 7.8125" while the card itself comes out to 4.8" X 5.25". Both are much longer than needed on the open end and will need trimming. For what it's worth, I spoke with a BCW Supplies rep and she said the company was looking to bring in the Canadian size. That was a couple of months ago and I still don't see it on their website.

Last edited by Unclechawie on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : The weld on teh bottom of some premium sleeves may cause the card to stick slightly above the top of the sleeve.)

Unclechawie

Back to top Go down

Post by Unclechawie Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Okay, so here is my sleeving analysis.

Mayday Games Premium Standard Sleeves are just slightly too short.
Mayday Games Regulard Standard Sleeves are perfect fit wise, though I prefer the thicker sleeves for this game.
Mayday Games Premium Mini-Euro Sleeves are too long however a sliding blade paper cutter made quick work of the excess.
Canadian First Day Cover sleeves are perfect fit width wise but way too long however a sliding blade paper cutter made quick work of the excess. If anybody can find the Canadian size for cheaper than the $12 that bagsunlimited is charging, please share. I'm sure the community would appreciate it.

Also, once sleeved, some of the cards will fit back in the insert, however it is an extermely tight fit and I had trouble getting the cards back out once I had put them in. As such, you can pretty much consider the insert as unusable if you are going to sleeve your cards. I hate to say it since WTG opted for the better insert.

Have fun playing guys.

Unclechawie

Back to top Go down

Post by StormbringerGT Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:22 pm

Im not sure how yours came out but I ordered 200 sleeves from Bags Unlimited of the 4-7/8 x 7-7/8 First Day Cover Canadian and I can assure you these are anything but a perfect fit. They are too small and the card bends and bows when inside the sleeves. I now have 200 sleeves that are too small for all of my story cards. Sad

Fallen Information - Sleeving IMG_20150212_171802

Fallen Information - Sleeving IMG_20150212_171815

StormbringerGT

Back to top Go down

Post by StormbringerGT Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:36 pm

So the error seems to be on the manufacturers part.

I ordered 2 sets of 100 sleeves (since all the story cards come to over 100 cards).

The first set of 100 were all too small. The width measure to under 4 and 7/8 inches. Which cause the card to bow as illustrated above.

The second set of 100 sleeves so far seem to fit fine, if anything they are a bit too large! they measure almost 5 inches, which is fine really better than too small. Ill contact Bags unlimited and see what they can do for me.

StormbringerGT

Back to top Go down

Post by kwirick Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:41 pm

StormbringerGT wrote:So the error seems to be on the manufacturers part.

I'm having this same problem Stormbringer. If you still have them around, you might want to go through the "bad set" and check each one... Ive noticed there is a great deal of size fluctuation for every sleeve.. I ordered 300 originally, but BU sent me a incorrect order. They are fixing the issue, and sending the correct item.. but of course, i found out after the fact that some of the sleeves wont fit. hopefully i can pull at least 128 good ones.. kinda worried I'll face the same problem for future game expansions Sad

kwirick

Back to top Go down

Post by Unisus Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:06 am

I'd really love to have custom sleeves for the story cards. At the moment i'm looking for someone who sells to end customers at a reasonable price.

My favorite design would be fileable sleeves *smile*

Unisus

Back to top Go down

Post by StormbringerGT Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:45 am

Yeah in the end I might go ahead and laminate all my story cards. I tested laminated a couple and they worked awesome. And after a recent mishap involving my story cards... well yes they are always going to have some sort of protecttion from now one.

As an update the company emailed me back and said they are going to send me some samples and we will go from there. I'll post back here when I know whats happening!

StormbringerGT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down