Fallen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions on the rulebook, reward tokens and my English :)

2 posters

Go down

Questions on the rulebook, reward tokens and my English :) Empty Questions on the rulebook, reward tokens and my English :)

Post by Unisus Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:42 pm

So, reading through the rule book i stumbled over something at page 13:

At the end of point 7 it sais "...the WINNER of the challenge does the following:" But somehow i don't see, what the winner actually should do.

Another question, regarding the reward tokens: what happens, when the cup is empty? Last game my son played Ranek, and whith one of his skills as well as with his ultimate he often reduced the number of reward tokens in the cup by 5 instead of the normal 3 - with 4 challenges and only 18 reward tokens this can get rather tight. So what to do if i have to draw a token and there are no more? And while i'm at the topic, is Ranek's "Sticky Fingers" power card only playable when Ranek lost the challenge?

And finally, as i'm no native English speaker and we tend to have difficulties with this: "Trickery" lets me reroll "any of [my] blank dice" - is this the "choose one from that group" or the "all from that group you want" kind of any?

Next we're moving on to the advanced heroes and dungeon lords *smile*

Unisus

Back to top Go down

Questions on the rulebook, reward tokens and my English :) Empty Re: Questions on the rulebook, reward tokens and my English :)

Post by WTG - Tom Green Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:43 am

Unisus,

Ignore that sentence. That line should be removed.

I don't recall running out of Reward tokens during testing, close but never out. We don't want to penalize the players by drying up resources for using special abilities, so consider this an informal ruling of putting the tokens back in the Reward cup if they run out and at the start of a Story card...and let me know if this ever happens.

As for "Sticky Fingers" it can be used whether Ranek won or lost. The trigger is a discarded Reward by the DL.

Ranek Loses:
DL draws 2
DL claims 1 and then discards it
Ranek "Sticky Fingers" the discarded reward token (getting a copy of what the DL claimed)
Ranek draws 1 and gets to pick from 2 per usual then discards them both

Ranek Wins:
Ranek draws 2
Ranek claims 1 and discards it
DL draws 1 and gets to pick from 2 per usual and discards them both.
Ranek "Stick Fingers" one of the discarded reward tokens of his choice.

And finally, "Trickery" applies to any or all blank dice. Usually you would roll all of them, but with "any" it allows you to choose to roll just some in case there is some very rare effect where the Hero has a trick up his sleeve too.

For example: Something like "Refresh one of your exhausted Creatures" is a different effect than "Refresh any of your exhausted Creatures". The first effect you can refresh 1 creature while the second effect you can refresh up to 4 creatures.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by WTG - Tom Green on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

WTG - Tom Green
Admin

https://fallenthegame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Questions on the rulebook, reward tokens and my English :) Empty Re: Questions on the rulebook, reward tokens and my English :)

Post by Unisus Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks for the quick answer *smile*

We once had the situation where the DL drew the last available reward token from the cup after losing in the fourth challenge. If there had been the "Scavenging Lizard" in play, we would have been out of tokens then. But i guess it's really something that some people never will see.

@"Sticky Fingers": It instructs to claim a token "left behind" by the DL, so i thought you would take the one the DL didn't take. Or did i misunderstand this?

And with any: i recently had a game where "any" meant "any one", so i just wanted to make sure *smile*

Unisus

Back to top Go down

Post by WTG - Tom Green Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Sorry, my answer was wrong about "Sticky Fingers". I didn't read the effect of the card close enough. I'll try again:

"Sticky Fingers" does require Ranek to lose a challenge, because the only time the Dungeon Lord leaves "behind" a Reward token is when the DL wins the challenge.

Ranek Loses
DL draws 2 reward tokens
DL claims 1, discards it, and leaves 1 behind
Ranek plays "Sticky Fingers" and claims the token left behind
Ranek draws 1 reward token for losing the challenge and claims it

Ranek Wins
Ranek draws 2 reward tokens
Ranek claims 1, discards it, and leaves 1 behind
DL draws 1, claims 1 of 2 tokens in the play area, discards both tokens
(Sticky Fingers cannot be played as the DL leaves no tokens "behind")

WTG - Tom Green
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unisus Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Thanks again *smile*

I have to say, as my son and i take turns playing the DL, he already reads more fluently and has a better pronounciation after 6 games, and i guess there are still many to come *smile*

Unisus

Back to top Go down

Post by WTG - Tom Green Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:55 pm

That's one of the coolest things we've heard from the game so far...helping your son's English.

WTG - Tom Green
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down